Tuesday, April 13, 2010

SO HE GIVES ME FLOWERS



Once in bloom they all open and show their inner glory…
So he skips up to me beaming with pride and smiling so brightly and says I picked this one just for you! I turn to face him and return his eager anticipation startled by his arrival, and reply just for me, are you sure? He responds poking his chest further out and says yep… just for you!

Someday everything will all make sense or maybe it won’t, however the more we live the more we learn. In our daily hustle and bustle, we forget to laugh in the midst of confusion, smile while tears are flowing, and remind ourselves of the simplicity and ease that life can bring.

At one point in time we have all heard, that everything happens for a reason. Each moment, each day, each random act of kindness over looked can be a missed blessing in disguise. Often time’s things go so wrong we miss the moments that go right. So today as I worked in my front yard, when the 5 year old from three doors down ran my way and says I picked this one just for you…because I want to see you smile!

I cease the moment, sit back and gladly return my smile…

1 comment:

  1. He always knows what you need and when you need it. It's good to be reminded that simplicity and innocence still have a place in this world. How refreshing! Thanks for the read Ms C.

    ReplyDelete